William Dolby Skeen and Mary Davis Skeen were among the first settlers of Plain City. William Skeen owned a race track in the south end of Plain City, which was called "Four Mile". He owned two famous race horses that he brought from Europe.
William also built the first rock house in Plain City. The rocks used to build this house were hauled from the Hot Springs Mountain area.
This public school building, finished in 1906, was located near Town Square. It held grades 1 - 10 until 1947, when it was established as Plain City's first elementary school. A gymnasium was eventually added to the east side, and a cafeteria was added to the west. The building was demolished in 1955. The additions remained as part of a new Plain City Elementary.
Erected in 1877 as an Episcopal church house, the building still stands - and is in better condition than ever because of the care and maintenance the Plain City Lions Club provides. It was renovated in the mid-1970s, including repair of the 500 pound memorial bell.